Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Movie

STUCK (2007)

I could have seen this film at the 2008 Wisconsin Film Festival, but decided an 11PM screening would be too past my bedtime. I also received a free ticket for a botched screening of an earlier movie, so I saw the same amount of movies, just not the selection I had originally chosen.

Anyway, finally I get to watch this, and a Blu-Ray version! But this is a great film in the tradition of B-movies, that would be even more suitable if they still released movies in used bargain bin VHS form.

It's not sleazy or cheap, just perfectly limited, with an incredibly compelling conflict that has natural tension. Some definite cringe-worthy moments from your grossest horror movie with some human moments from your best understated indie dramas.

No comments: