Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Almost too late Tuesday

It's coming... my 3rd trip to the Wisconsin Film Festival!

You think I would want to hold off on the movies, but being home sick gives you a chunk of idle time that can't go unwasted (or wasted for that matter).

BIG FAN (2009)

Via Netflix Instant... I had heard a lot of nice things about this Patton Oswalt leading performance in a movie written and directed by the screenwriter of The Wrestler. It was great, with one of the best twist endings I have seen in a long time. I was pumping my fists in the air and how fooled I was about how the movie was going to end. Good job tricking the seasoned film-viewer!

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE (1967)

Free James Bond on HD on Demand! After watching Bond films for a while now that have two influences on me. First, they make me want to travel... everything is shot so beautifully. Second... they tap into a base instinct to objectify women, but objectify them tastefully. I giggle at the garishness.

No comments: