Tuesday, June 1, 2010

report

IRON MAN 2 (2010)

The movie theaters are still worth something, although the sound at the local multiplex seemed to not hurt my ears as much as I thought for a big action movie, which is good... I guess. My goodness... Scarlett Johanson looked so perfect in this movie, it was almost hard to watch. I especially didn't like the effect that it had on making Gweneth Paltrow, who is just as glamorous despite her neurotic character, seem so plain and ordinary.

I also got to watch Blue Velvet for a second time in HD... the first time I saw it was one of my last painful memories of watching a legendary movie on a worn-out VHS tape. This was much better quality, but my sensitivity to just how creepy David Lynch's movies are made me see this film in an entirely new way. A candy colored clown... RIP, Dennis Hopper.

No comments: