Tuesday, December 13, 2011

HOW I ENDED THIS SUMMER / YOUNG ADULT

HOW I ENDED THIS SUMMER (2010)

Available via Hulu Plus

2011 WIFF selection

Important because this was a movie I missed at the 2011 WIFF in order to get home from Madison early. It's nice several months later to make up the loss.

YOUNG ADULT (2011)

Seen at Landmark Century Chicago

I didn't much on the Descendants, but one key distraction of that otherwise excellent movie was the narration. Moreover, the narration wasn't used consistently, it just set things up at the beginning. Compare the use of voice-over narration to the incredibly well written Young Adult, where actions and performances shape the backstory. I can't help but think that there might of been a better way to use George Clooney's excellent acting chops to make the point of the movie better without some disembodied monologue. Anyway, both excellent movies... Patton Oswalt is incredible.

No comments: