Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Report

ROLE MODELS (2008)

An example of the convoluted way I decide which movies are worth my time. Looked like a pretty conventional plot to me until I found out that the guys from The State are behind it. THEN it became intruiging, not because of the actors, story, or my like for comedies. The presence of McLovin didn't hurt.

Funny, but I still don't get how I laugh out loud more at comedy television than even the best movie comedies.

The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans (2009)


An even better example of the my convoluted movie tastes. Not a fan of Nick Cage movies, but am a fan of Werner Herzog. IF this movie was Nicholas Cage playing a cop gone bad.... yawn. But a bad cop movie done by the same guy that did Grizzly Man and the Enigma of Kasper Hauer? Something very unique. The result is strange to say the least... but when I told my friends at a party in Chicago what I saw, I was thankful they didn't ask me to elaborate on why I wanted to see it, because it isn't simply a film, but an homage to bad filmmaking, crazy acting, and a bunch of other things that need to be explained by film geeks before viewing.

No comments: